Wednesday 24 August 2016

Top tips on getting that natural FAKE tan...

I don't know about you guys but i love feeling bronzed. It makes me feel so much better and i really do think it takes inches off you!! ha (i wish). I literally dread when it comes to exfoliating day purely cause i hate feeling pale... So yep i am one to use fake tan pretty much all the time. So thats why i wanted to share my favourite products and top tips for an even tan as there is nothing worse than looking patchy, is there? 

For years i would go and buy an instant tan and put it on quickly before a night out which was great until someone would knock in to me and spill a drink down my leg and i'd have horrendous drink marks everywhere. Not cool!! 
I then started to use ST.MORIZ which to be fair did me well, it was a decent price but i just felt like it wasn't consisten and i'd randomly get darker patches where  i felt the product wasn't mixed properly. After that i tried a few other ones such as Fake Bake, Sienna X self tan, St. Tropez and so on.
But in recent months i've found my favourite for sure so here's a list of what i use and why... 


FAKE BAKE BODY POLISH 
So for me this product is amazing, i wont apply any tan without using this first. So i'll usually jump in the shower and just rub this in with a sponge, warm water then rince. I don't use any soaps or other moisturising  products after as this leaves the skin smooth and ready to apply the tan evenly. 


BONDI SANDS LIQUID GOLD

My ultimate favourite... this is by far the nicest self tan i've used. I love it because i used to  add a tiny bit of oil in all my other tanning products to make it easier to apply but as this already has oil in its perfect and makes life easier for me. The good thing about this one is it dries within seconds and you don't have to wash it off, Just put your clothes on a few minutes later and your set to go. It will gradually get darker throughout the day or night and really does give you that amazing glow, Not too dark either. It's so easy to apply and smells fab. I hate that biscuit smell some tans give off and i never get that patchy dry skin at the end of the week either it just fades slightly lighter, Perfect. Definitely a must buy!! 

EVERYDAY MOISTURISING TAN

So i use this to keep on top of my tan after a few days of  using the LIQUID GOLD. Again nice smell and easy to apply. If i've been on holiday and don't really need a deep tan i'll sometimes just use this after i get out the bath to give myself a nice glow and maybe a shade darker after a few applications. 


TANNING MITT

A good mitt is vital to an even tan. I never used to spend much on them but its worth the money. It feels like velvet on your skin and doesn't get clogged up with tan. I always found some would turn a horrible colour if you didn't use it for a while swell so thats another plus to this one. I think the price is roughly around £4.50 £4.75. 

TOP TIPS 

  • Try and apply your tan in good lighting.
  • If a long mirror is available do it in front of a mirror it will give you that second opinion if you don't have anyone with you to check. 
  • Add moisturiser or a small amount of Oil in your tan to make it easier to apply. 
  • Put moisturiser on dry areas such as elbows, hands and feet. 
  • After applying obviously you cant wash your hands so just have a wet wipe ready and put it between both hands and rub them together so you don't have any extra residue on the palm if the mitt slips slightly. 
  • If your tanning your face i would use a foundation or bronzer brush instead of the mitt so it gets in all the little areas a mitt cant get to. 
  • Keep moisturised!! Everyday after your shower put moisturiser on. It will last so much longer i promise. 
Hope this helps anyone who struggles getting that natural even tan like i did. 

X












SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig